Watch the video to help parents and students access their EQ email account.
Students each receive a username and password when they are enrolled in a Queensland state school. This allows access to a range of online services and the school network.
- For existing students, passwords will generally be reset prior to the commencement of the new school year. Information will be communicated to parents/carers prior to the commencement of the new school year.
- New students enrolling through the year will be able to get their username and passwords from their class teachers, office or at the Library. Note that it can take a minimum of 2 days from a student's official start date for a network account to be generated, and longer in peak times.
Usernames can also be obtained from class teachers.
Passwords can be reset by any class teacher who has a Windows laptop.FORGOTTEN STUDENT PASSWORD - OFF SITE
- Students that do not know their current MIS password will be unable to reset their own password.
- While we are working remotely, please request a MIS password reset via email@example.com.
- Our school technician will then contact the Service Centre who will perform the actual password reset.
- Please be aware we are unsure of the workload Service Centre will be under during this time and the turnaround time for these requests may be longer than usual.
- The parent will be emailed the new student password.
EXPIRED STUDENT PASSWORD
Students must know their current password and username.
For any additonal questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to www.mis.eq.edu.au
- Click ‘Change my password’ at the bottom
- New passwords must be:
- at least 8 characters long
- contain upper and lowercase letters
- include a number or a symbol
- passwords cannot include the student name or username or be identical to a password used in the last 12 months
Each student enrolled in a state school receives a unique email address which is in the following format: email@example.com. This is part of the state-wide Department of Education Managed Internet Service (MIS) which incorporates a filtering tool for inappropriate language in email text and attachments.
Students use their username and password (see above) to access their email either via the link on the home page of our website or through any of the following websites:
This email must be used for all school related tasks, and must not be used for personal or social use. Any communication to school staff must be using school email.
Students should be aware that emails are filtered by the Department of Education Managed Internet Service (MIS) system, and use of inappropriate language, including in attachments, will be detected and emails quarantined. Department of Education and Responsible Behaviour Management Policies must be followed when sending and receiving emails using a school account.
Daymap is the school's learning management system that provides a secure digital platform to create lesson plans, upload files, set homework, view upcoming assessments, monitor student progress and send notifications.