Beerwah State High School is a BYOx school and it is an expectation that all students across year 7 to 12 bring their own device for use at school everyday. If a student doesn't have access to a privately owned device, we offer two options for affordable Laptop Hire.
"Take Home Hire" enables students to hire a school owned laptop for educational use at school and at home as a "take home hire" device.
We also have a new hire option of a day hire device - "collect-n-go", with the same device loaned and returned to the Resource Centre each day.
Why support a BYOD program?
eLearning complements the work done in every subject by giving access to new ways of learning. Students can collaborate, communicate, research and study in ways not possible before and with a seamless connection between home and the classroom. For example, through the OneNote learning platform, all students have the ability to communicate seamlessly with their teacher and peers.
Our BYOD program allows students to bring either a Mac or Windows device. Please refer the device specifications to check whether your device is compatible.
To ensure the best experience for students participating in the BYOD program, we have decided on a set of minimum device specifications. Before acquiring a laptop to use at school please refer to the BYOD Program Information for minimum BYOD device specifications.
- Minimum wireless specs with 5ghz support.
- Surface RT, Windows 10 in S-Mode, Linux, Google Chromebook and Android Operating Systems are NOT SUPPORTED Operating Systems. Click here for instructions on how to switch out of Windows 10 S-Mode.
- No Mobile Phones are allowed on the BYO network.
- Devices that have 128gb or less hard drive space do not have the necessary storage for required software and OneNote Notebook synchronisation.
- Devices that have an Intel Atom or Intel Celeron Processor have performance limitations which will impact on the student's learning experience and software capabilities.