Connected at Beerwah: BYOX and Laptop Hire at Beerwah SHS
Beerwah State High School is a BYOx school and it is an expectation that all students across year 7 to 12 bring their own device for use at school everyday. If a student doesn't have access to a privately owned device, we offer two options for affordable Laptop Hire.
"Take Home Hire" enables students to hire a school owned laptop for educational use at school and at home as a "take home hire" device. To apply for a take home device, complete the Take Home Hire Laptop Application Form and send it to email@example.com for processing.
We also have the open of a "collect-n-go" Day Hire Device, with the same device loaned and returned to our Resource Centre each day. To apply for a Day Hire Device, complete the Day Hire Laptop Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
The costings for these options are summarised below and more detail is provided in our Laptop Hire Charter Document. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact the school to discuss how we can work with you to ensure that your child is connected at Beerwah.
|LAPTOP HIRE OPTION||COST OF HIRE FOR 2023|
Day Loan Collect n Go with same device loaned and returned to Resource Centre each day
$50 per semester for 2023 usage. Limited devices available.
|Take-home Laptop Hire||$200 for 2023 school year. Payment via instalments is available.|
Why support a BYOx program?
eLearning complements the work done in every subject by giving access to new ways of learning. Students can collaborate, communicate, research and study in ways not possible before and with a seamless connection between home and the classroom. For example, through the OneNote learning platform, all students have the ability to communicate seamlessly with their teacher and peers. Our BYOx program allows students to bring either a Mac or Windows device. Please refer to the device specifications here to check whether your device is compatible. Please note, Google Chromebooks are not supported on our network.
To ensure the best experience for students participating in the BYOD program, we have decided on a set of minimum device specifications. Before acquiring a laptop to use at school please refer to the BYOD Program Information for minimum BYOD device specifications.
- Minimum wireless specs with 5ghz support.
- Surface RT, Windows 10 in S-Mode, Linux, Google Chromebook and Android Operating Systems are NOT SUPPORTED Operating Systems. Click here for instructions on how to switch out of Windows 10 S-Mode.
- No Mobile Phones are allowed on the BYO network.
- Devices that have 128gb or less hard drive space do not have the necessary storage for required software and OneNote Notebook synchronisation.
- Devices that have an Intel Atom or Intel Celeron Processor have performance limitations which will impact on the student's learning experience and software capabilities.